Friday, February 24, 2012















when your hurt and your sadness sit like a stone
grey and green and too heavy to throw
blue rivers of tears, a yellow desert of fears
your broken heart pierced upon the weather vane
it's rusted cast iron commanded by the wind
when you just don't know where to go

if you've found yourself spinning with no legs to get up and go
then come to me my friend
i'll know where you are and what it's like to be you
i've seen that darkness too
it can swallow you up and pull you down
to the bottom of its' deep well of lies

fight your hardest my sweet and keep taking breaths
there is no fire that burns as bright as the fire of truth
so no matter what you find or how hard it may be to look
it's the only way to survive

get up my pony  your spindly legs are strong
stronger than you know
jump those fences now and be on your way
a greener pasture waits for you

tomorrow might be 100 days away
that's ok you'll be alright
just keep on searching and don't give in to the wolves who told you those lies
just get up my pony and ride
get up my pony
love is on your side
a greener pasture waits for you

No comments:

Post a Comment